Monday, March 19, 2012

Hairscapades: Infusium 23 Shampoo & Conditioner

Metric Jenn




Guess who misjudged her grocery and personal hygiene budget this past paycheque? Yeah. I'm a bloody genius sometimes. And so, when I found myself completely out of shampoo and conditioner with only 19$ to spend for the next 8 days, I was in a complete tizzy. Except replace the word tizzy with infuriated rage at my idiocy.

I was forced into shopping at the lowest of the low shops....the dreaded Zellers. Which is like one step up from Giant Tiger, a store that imported fake Colgate toothpaste from China which contained the same chemicals found in anti-freeze. Awesome.

Despite my reservations, I chose the Infusium 23 shampoo and conditioner for the low price of 3.99$ each. Which still put a massive dent in what little cash I had left. I used them both in conjunction until they were empty. The result? Heavy, limp hair. Even more limp than my ex's whiskey dick.

I chose the Repair and Renew "program"; a regimen that was supposed to alleviate damage and split ends. To be completely honest, I have no idea what is in the formula, but after only one use, it felt like my hair was coated in wax. But I figured "blah blah blah, benefit of the doubt, blah", so I kept at it.

By the end of the week? My hair was heavy, and lacked curl - especially at the root. I looked like a bloody comical version of those hair commercials:

Except I ate a sandwich or two in my day.

Now to polish off this review - I'll bet you all are just itching for me to eviscerate this product. I'm not going to. I just don't have the energy for the shenanigans and I'm busy searching the internet for a better  combination. And hey, maybe you guys have had a better experience with this product. So I'm just going to say that I'm disappointed. The price is right, the product is meh. Give it a go if you are as broke as I am.
I'm going to give Infusium 23 4/8 Tentacles.

Rating: 4/8 tentacles

4 comments:

  1. It's too bad that you couldn't afford the TRESemme. You're worth the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that the silicone in Pantene wasn't good but I remember loving infusium as a teen. Then again, I didn't know any better...

    ReplyDelete