Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen


Author: Cindy

While I've never been a big make-up girl, once in a while I like to fancy it up and put on a little eyeliner, mascara and even (about twice a year) lipstick. I'm also a person who really reads reviews or tests before trying most products--make-up can be so expensive. But there are certain products that one finds to be worth a little extra money and for me, a good eyeliner that doesn't bother my sensitive eyes or end up all over my face, is one of those things.

I've tried Pixi (found at Target) before and I often find myself stopping by the display to admire the soft colors and sparkles. I realized that I haven't worn any eyeliner in a long time because it always seems to irritate my eyes. However, Pixi prides itself on using botanicals and the display has plenty of tester products, so I knew I could get an idea of whether or not I would like the liners. There was one type of eyeliner that had a pencil end and a smudge end, but I'm not really a smudger, so I skipped testing that one. I picked up one of the Silky Eye Pens and applied it to the back of my hand--it did indeed glide on smoothly.


There is a color called Black Tulip that I really liked, but unfortunately, many of the products at my Target have been cleaned out, so I chose #2, Black Blue. I choked a bit at the price ($14.00), but it really seemed like a nice product; I figured if I would actually use the liner--instead of it just sitting in a drawer, like too many products I've bought--then it would be worth it.

The next morning after showering, I grabbed the eye pen and began to apply liner to my top lid. As many women can attest, one never knows how steady the hand will be on any given day, but even with my lack of practice, the Silky Eye Pen easily produced a beautiful line. I was almost surprised at how smoothly it glided across my eyelid with zero tugging. Since it went so well, I even did the "waterline" of my bottom lid and unlike some liners, the color didn't smear or leak into my eye. Huzzah! Best of all, throughout the day and night, the Endless Silky Eye Pen stayed put and didn't irritate my eyes one bit. I loved it so much that I put it on the next day as well, making it a rare good find, indeed.

Overall, the Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen is a great eyeliner for ladies with sensitive eyes. It doesn't smear or force you to stretch your lid to smooth on easily. It is a bit on the expensive side for an eyeliner pencil, though, reducing my rating by one tentacle.

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment